Monday, September 11, 2006

A 9/11 Tribute to Elsy Carolina Osorio Oliva





Elsy Carolina Osorio Oliva 27, of New York, N.Y. junior translation engineer, General Telecom At World Trade Center.



Each time someone visits this page , a flower is added to the bottom as a small sign that someone remembers this person and wants to honor and appreciate their memory. Please take time to visit.



Elsy is a women I never met but she along with everyone who gave there life that fateful day, is someone I’ll never forget!



To honor her I would like to offer a collection of poems I’ve found to be of some comfort and inspiration.





LIGHT FROM A DISTANT SHORE

By Richard D. Martens




From this dim-lit porch my gaze implores

....Beyond the boundaries of these shores,

And seeks that cove chaste covenants

Bequeathed as scatheless harbor.



Where anchor'd taut I'd face no foe,

For augurs proffered that no woe

Should visit there upon that place

Where Angels sing with ardor.

Still the light shines true for just the few

who reach that radiant harbor.



That lucent shore; where soul's delights

Do liken to the feverish flights that,

Flitting midst a child's dream,

Excite a Godly chord.



As child-like must one meet the tryst,

For wavering now would but divest

The seeker of his sanctitude,

And thus, his blest reward.

Leave now the earth give way, for it wields no sway 'pon

the sparrows that circle the shore!



Now, dolefully, a drawn child's plea rips

O'er the dark, dissonant sea

And hurtles toward the alien void

That veils it from its fate.



A plea so urgent that it bores

Into the holds of teary scores,

Whose wanting ears tilt toward the stars

That monk-like whisper w a i t.

W A I T.



...wait?...my faith is staunch;

the keel that buoys me 'bove the fray;

that sails me through the evil days

that TOIL AND F E T T E R ME !

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .and, yes. . . . .the horizon lurks. . .



The porch lamp flickers - the vision fades,

While the venders of this world invade

My wisp of beach - bereft of claim -

And take it as their score.



I'll not render unto them their bill;

Nor cede them now my truest will:

To sing with Angels Joyous paeans

By the Light from distant shore.





Untitled

By Joseph Campbell




It is only by going down into the abyss

that we recover the treasures of life.

Where you stumble,

there lies your treasure.

The very cave you are afraid to enter

turns out to be the source of

what you were looking for.





A Better Place

By Kirsti A. Dyer




Cry for me no more

the many tears of sadness

My time in this world was over

and it came for me to pass.

Bring the photos of old time

and see them not with tear-filled eyes

But with eyes of joy and laughter

and smile once more with me.

Know that I am in a better place

one without disease

without hatred and without death

This kingdom I now call home

I wait here for you

When your time comes to pass

to ease the transition

from the old to the new.

Cry for me no more.

Remember only the laughter.

For I am in another realm

And I wait to see you again.




Elsy Carolina Osorio Oliva, may the lord continue to bless you and your family, as we continue to remember and honor your memory.



WE WILL NEVER FORGET




This tribute is part of the 2996 project

No comments: