Friday, November 11, 2005

President Bush, Ben Bernanke, and the Harriet Miers nomination

With the naming of Ben Bernanke to the fed chair I have to ask, what were you thinking with the Miers nomination Mr. President?


Originally posted here: Redstate.org Oct 25th, 2005: 11:29:18


It's obvious to me Mr. Bernanke is extremely qualified for his new position. With a 1590 SAT score and teaching himself calculus to get into Harvard (his high school didn't offer the course at the time) I think you'll agree this wasn't your ordinary high school student. Graduated summa cum laude in 1975 and most recently served as a board member for the fed & was nominated head of the president's economics team. Clearly the most qualified and "next in line" at least to this observer.

Which brings me to Harriet Miers and again the question I have is what were you thinking with this nomination? The president's picks so far have been exceptional with the exception of maybe Mike Brown and Harriet Miers. So why go with someone who, from what I gather so far, is not even close to being the most qualified or "the next in line". For the record my pick would have been Janice Rodgers Brown but thankfully no one elected me president!
Do you think this woman is going to completely WOW us at her hearing?
Is the charge of cronyism legitimate?

No comments: